August 24, 2009
NEWEST ADDITION TO NEW HOLLAND’S BOOMER™ LINE PUTS 21st CENTURY TURN ON CLASSIC 8N COMPACT TRACTOR
Exceptional Power, Innovation, Operating Ease and Style Make the New Boomer 8N Tractor an Ideal Choice for Rural Lifestylers, Hobby Farmers
New Holland announces the introduction of the new Boomer 8N, a compact tractor that combines a timeless design with modern, innovative amenities.
The latest addition to the company's Boomer line, the redesigned 8N features distinctive, timeless styling, a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) that creates a fun, easy, car-like driving experience as well as a variety of customizable accessories. First sold in 1947, this updated version of the classic 8N is now available to consumers seeking reliable power wrapped in a compact and time-honoured package.
Whatever the job requires - whether loading mulch, mowing the lawn or clearing a pasture - the new Boomer 8N tractor makes it fun, easy and comfortable for serious rural lifestylers or hobby farmers to complete any task.
Key features include:
- Distinctive styling including a red chassis, gray hood and fenders - the same timeless look of the original 8N
- Continuously Variable Transmission that operates like an automatic transmission with speed progressions that are seamless and smooth.
There is no reason to switch gears or use a clutch - one pedal makes it go.
- Chrome exhaust and grab handles
- Upgraded control knobs
- Diamond-plated floorboards
- Chromed steps
- 50 horsepower engine with a 1270kg 3-point lift capacity
- Four-cylinder, naturally aspirated diesel engine with large displacement for added durability
- Four-wheel drive axle, which increases traction and enhances maneuverability
- Large operating platform, allowing plenty of leg room to stretch out, with tilt, telescoping steering wheel, power steering, adjustable seats and storage tray with cup holder
- Deluxe 3-point hitch including telescoping stabilizers and flexible link ends for easy attachment of implements
- Two-position extendable drawbar with swinging capability
"We're excited to introduce the New Holland Boomer 8N, a modern compact tractor that acknowledges its heritage," said Simon Vigour, Marketing Manager, New Holland.
"Since 1917, New Holland has provided its customers with tractors that are dependable, versatile and easy to operate. With superior quality and distinctive style, the redesigned 8N is the perfect addition to the New Holland Boomer line."
The new Boomer 8N, which will be available to consumers nationwide beginning in October 2009, is the 11th model in the Boomer compact tractor line. Like the new 8N, all Boomer tractors are known for their top-of-the-line appearance, ease of use, innovation, power, maneuverability and value. Boomer compact tractors are easy to service and maintain and come in a variety of sizes certain to fit any landowner's needs. Whether maintaining a few acres or farming to make a living, Boomer compact tractors can handle a long list of chores fast and efficiently.
To learn more about the Boomer 8N tractor, other New Holland products or dealer locations, contact your local New Holland dealer or visit www.newholland.com or www.8n.com